# User and Role Management
layline.io divides the management of Users and Roles between
- Configuration Server, and
- Reactive Engine Cluster
Users and Roles managed on each of these entities are completely separated, hence they need to be managed separately and also carry different privileges.
The concept of Users and Roles should be familiar to most:
- Configuration Servers and Reactive Engines each may have a set of Users.
- Each User can be assigned to one or more Roles.
- Each Role has a number of assigned Privileges.
- Privileges are different between Configuration Server and Reactive Engine Cluster
# Where next?
Pick which User Storage you want to learn about and manage: